El Paso Defense Attorneys For Adult And Juveniles Charged With Drug Crimes
Drug-related offenses are some of the most common types of crimes that Texans find themselves accused of. The so-called war against drugs continues years after it was first described in those terms. In criminal law, drugs leading to charges, arrests and convictions include:
- Peyote and substances releasing toxic vapors
- Marijuana and prescription drugs
- Dangerous drugs and narcotics, including amphetamines and Fentanyl
A conviction for drug crime charges may result in devastating repercussions such as the following:
- Jail time
- Fines and fees
- Requirements for drug dependency therapy
- Ineligibility for federal student loans
- Disqualification for intramural sports
- Disqualification from many jobs and other activities that one might want to pursue over a lifetime
These are a few of the negative consequences that people with drug crime convictions face. At Lozano Meza Law Firm, we dedicate our defense skills to helping our clients avoid as many harsh repercussions as possible. We are aggressive, determined criminal defense attorneys, each of us with more than 15 years of experience.
Types Of Drug Crime Cases That We Handle
Our clients seek our advocacy after they have been charged with crimes including the following:
- Possession of controlled substances and/or paraphernalia
- Distribution of illegal or illegally obtained drugs
- Cultivation or manufacture of marijuana or other illegal drugs
- Trafficking of substances in quantities large enough that selling is a suspected motive for possession
Penalties vary greatly, depending on:
- The type of drug involved
- The quantity in possession
- The street value of the drug in question
Although possession of up to one ounce of marijuana for personal use is now legal in Texas, possession of larger amounts can result in arrests and convictions along with fines of up to $150,000 and three years in prison.
Turn To Trusted Texas Trial Lawyers For Help
Our years of experience and our track record bring many potential clients and return clients to our law office. Many are parents seeking help for their minor sons and daughters who have been accused of drug offenses. We are trial attorneys who fight for our clients’ rights and futures no matter who they are or what criminal charges they are facing.
After a drug crime arrest, get legal counsel now. Take back the reins to your future. Consult with an experienced defense attorney at Lozano Meza Law Firm. We will work closely with you in pursuit of the most favorable outcome your case allows. Call 915-706-2111 or send an email inquiry to schedule a free consultation.